Search This Blog

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Change of Plans











Ah the winds of change. Turns out the real blind date is with all of Spain; not a person. I was appresensive about leaving the 'ease' of traveling with a guide, but that quickly became replaced with a great hunger for the freedom of being 'alone', which of course one never really is.




Lets just say I now rejoice in the choices and opportunities of one day at a time...


I found a free walking tour today- around the gothic areas of old Barcelona. Between the Romans and the Moors, they were here for only a few hundred years., but provided a great base on which lots of great buildings are overlaid - One picture is a church in a quiet little plaza (another picture) where people were lined up and shot during one of the insurrections. Forget which one, but it is May day, isn't it?.
The tour covered lots of ground, including the Plaza Nova where there happened to be another anarchist demonstration going on, so very Spanish. This is about Catalunya wanting more independance from Spanish rule.
I seem to have no control over where the pictures put themselves at this point, so they are all at the top- I think-
Anyway, I will be going out to a cooking class soon- to learn about making tapas and pannellas? and Sangria. Naturalmente.
I plan to leave tomorrow on a bus for a town called Denia, where I will locate a helpx host who is
doing some interesting things with waves and boats, can't tell you much yet- but will find out!
One issue I have now is that I have too much laggage due to initial plans including transportation- so I hope to be able to afford shipping a bag back. So much nicer to travel light!
Good for now, hasta luego-
Castilian spanish is most confusing, by the way.





No comments:

Post a Comment