Search This Blog

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Getting Used to the Idea

Barcelona kind of hits me as a bit on the crazy side. So much Gaudi! I spent a lot of time in the Parc Guell; I have some pictures but haven't had time to download yet- so visit the website by clicking on the link above- they have great pictures. The loopiness of the creations has matched my mood, kind of an out of body experience. Or is it out of mind?
I slept in until after ten this morning, then met John for the trip to the park, and a lunch of tapas. Of course aside from the sightseeing, I have been contemplating the feasability of the idea that I came with- to travel with John in his motor-home. A very confined space. And I have been feeling very irritable since I got here, so not all starry eyed about anything. We went to see the proposed 'hostel on wheels' this afternoon, and sat and talked for hours, before I finally got a sense of comfort and safety with the whole plan. I have my own space in front, above the driver's seats. John has been very communicative about all my concerns and doubts, and I can still leave if I decide I need to. Part of the comfort level comes from learning that we share many thoughts and values, talking about history and philosophy, and even enjoy the same kinds of music.
So, that tough decision out of the way, I plan to continue to sight-see Barcelona for the next several days, maybe getting about on bicycle more than that tiny motorcycle. Or by bus. Actually the motorcycle isn't too bad, and I don't mind that many people see it and laugh that two grownups (theoretically) are riding on it. But still...
After Barcelona, the plan for me to walk the Camino de Santiago still stands. I read up on some of the trail- that the northern part of it comes from France over the Pyrenees by several different trails, that it has been in use for a thousand years, and some parts are prettier than others. At some point there is a spigot on the wall of a winery, where one can pour free wine...Will watch for that part.
I hope I am not repeating myself too much, as I have begun to do in normal conversation. The short memory would require that I go back and read past posts each time I write, too time consuming! Anyway, if so, just ignore it. I will edit when I have more time.

1 comment:

  1. From a fellow blogger: don't worry about repeating yourself too much. Most people do not spend much time on the blogosphere and so won't even notice. Hey, nothing better than talking about history and philosophy, other than experiencing Europe.--Ward

    ReplyDelete